Are you looking for a creative way to Celebrate Valentines' Day with your Spouse when you have kids?
Truthfully...every day we all should try to find ways to show our love in our relationships but often times life keeps us busy, jobs, houses and then we add children to the mix and it gets even busier. However it's always important for us to stop and take inventory our ourselves and how we've shown our spouse how much we care.
I'll never forget at Mom's Night Out one evening we were all sitting and laughing at the table having a great time when all of a sudden the conversation got a little more serious. A couple that we were all friends with were going through a divorce and we all felt the shock and sadness of it, especially for their kids.
As many of us began to open it we discovered there were a few moms who come from divorced families and they were trying their very best not to become a statistic. One of the moms looked around at the table and said it straight out "Statistically half of us at this table will get divorced at some point in our lives." WHAT? I was shocked to hear this come out of her mouth but then the facts are there, she's right. Of course when I got home that night I hugged my husband a little tighter and told him that I loved him.
|I just printed these Commitments and put them in a frame to remind us both!|
That night inspired me to come up with this little idea A way for me to make sure I told him and showed him as much as I can that I loved him. I don't want to become a statistic. More importantly I want my children to see how a marriage should be. So I came up with some simple commitments I wanted to make to my husband. I have them in a frame on the wall as a visual reminder. It's not a surprise but it's a surprise when I'll do them, keeps him on his toes! Once I finish a list I come up with other ideas for another list. Sometimes I even get my children involved. I think it's important for our children to see that it does take work and effort to build a strong relationship with a spouse. And let's be honest after being marriage for 10 years it's nice to have something to look forward too!
So here are "My Commitments to Our Love" Ideas. Hope they inspire you to create your own for your spouse!
My Commitments to Our Love
- Cuddle while we watch a movie or tv
- Surprise Drop off of starbucks at your office
- Date night at home after I put the kids to bed early
- Take the Trash out or do “your” chore that day
- Tell you Thank you for taking care of me
- Write little love notes for you to discover
- Make your favorite meal for dinner
- Play 21 questions to get to know you
- Tell someone else something I like about you
- Bring a plate of cookies to work to share
- Make our house a bit cleaner than normal
- Let you know at work I love you in a phone call
- Do something extra special to greet you
- Make you laugh to get rid of the stress
- Walk closer to you than normal
- Hold your eyes longer than normal while talking
- Play “our song” to remind us of dating
- Take a kissy picture together
- Wake you up before the alarm goes off with kisses
- Compliment you for getting a good deal
- Go for a long walk together
- Think of three reasons I am proud and let you know
- Thank you for being a good example for our kids
- Tell the kids something that you do that is special
- Always kiss you goodnight
Because I Love You
As you can see they are simple ideas and I'm sure you have some ideas that are even more creative and personable to your spouse than mine. I encourage you to share in the comments below what came to your mind. I think part of the challenge is having something that you know you're kids will be reading too :).
Picmonkey can be a fun way to make your Commitments and even your own Valentine's for your Husband too! These were both made with their FREE version. It's a nice source if you don't own scrapbooking software. I think I'm going to make a few with my daughter for their Daddy & Big brother too this year too!
Need Ideas for little Love Notes.. check out this adorable Pinterest Board.
Are you ready to make your own Commitments to Love your Spouse?
We invite you to check out the links below and find some ways to connect with your spouse in our busy lives. We'd love for you to join us and share your own ideas too!
Hosted by Inspired by Family Magazine
Cohosted by :
Cohosted by :
Kids Activities Blog My Nearest And Dearest Pleasantest Thing Play Dr Hutch Glittering Muffins Inspired By Family Mag Mama Miss Life At The Zoo Toddling Into Madness Sense of Wonder The Educators' Spin On It Little Artists Home Learning Journey Frogs And Snails and Puppy dog Tails Pragmatic Mom The Good Long Road Mamas Like Me Kids Stuff World Toddler Approved