Here are some things that over the years I've found a that help kids get ready for school from a teacher's point of view.
10 Helpful Back to School Tips
- Start going to bed early and waking up early at least a week before school starts to help transition into a great morning routine.
- Discuss your morning routine with your child to make it go smoothly each day.
- Set up a plan for how your child selects their clothes for school.
- Label with permanent marker their backpack, lunchbox and jackets and sweaters.
- Make a designated place for backpack , lunchbox and school papers.
- Read books about school. (Don't forget those summer reading assignments)
- Get your school supply list from the front office and shop early.
- Buy extra supplies to stock your house for homework and crafts or for a new teacher box.
- Create a Homework Area and Homework Routine for your child
- Make and Read the First Day of School Magic Dust Poem to help with any anxieties about the first day of school.
- Go to Meet the Teacher and build a connection with the teacher and classmates.
- Offer to do things at home for teacher, like cutting things out.
- Find out how you can donate time or items to your child's classroom or a new teacher's classroom.
- Fill out the Volunteer Forms as soon as possible.
- Join the PTA.
- Visit the school's Website or Facebook Page often
- Read and Fill out promptly all the forms and papers that come home.
- Create a Special Gift for your child's Teacher for the first day
- Get to know the Core Standards for your child's grade, learning begins at home!
- Attend Open House Night. Have a few questions ready to ask.
Our goal is for this to be one of the most exciting times of the year for students. Let's encourage our children to recognize the gift of education in their lives and create a love of learning. We'd love for you to check out all the links below or share your own Back to School Resources. Let's get the School Year off to a great start!
The Educators' Spin On It : The Usual Mayhem : Mama Pea Pod : Projects for Preschoolers : Playdough to Plato : Edventures With Kids : Smiling like Sunshine : Kindergarten & Preschool for Parents & Teachers : Mommy and Me Book Club : Boy Mama Teacher Mama : Sense of Wonder